Do you want to know how to eat vegetarian and cut calories with vegetarian meals? If so, the answer you seek is contained in this article. First of all, let me just say that becoming a vegetarian to lose weight is a popular reason to make this change in diet. So if you want to feel great on eating vegetarian and cut calories while eating healthy, you are not alone.
Of course, even a vegetarian diet can be unhealthy so you do have to plan your meals, especially at first, so you learn what a healthy vegetarian diet looks like. As long as your meals are planned a few days ahead of time, this will allow you to shop and prepare accordingly. Depending on how much time you have at your disposition will determine how much cooking you will be doing.
There are so many delicious vegetarian recipes that you could be making. Don`t worry if you don`t have much time to cook though since there are many healthy vegetarian meals that don`t take much time at all to prepare. If you have a few minutes a day for chopping veggies and preparing salads, you will do fine.
Breakfast: omelette or tofu scramble with fresh veggies or Smoothie with Hemp Protein Powder
Lunch: Lentil soup and sandwich with turkey veggie meat
Snacks: Almonds, soya or almond milk, popcorn or healthy bar such as Vega, Cliff or Luna Bars
Dinner: Stir Fry with Tofu, Seitan or Vegetarian Chicken with rice
- A Cartful of Vegetables (the more the merrier with the exception of potatoes which should be avoided on most days),
- Veggie Protein such as tofu, quinoa, fake chicken, deli slices, veggie dogs, beans, hummus, fajitas made with veggie protein, stir fry, rice and beans, vegetarian chili.
What Not to Eat To Cut Calories With Vegetarian Meals
- Don`t stuff yourself with pasta and cheese (dairy or soy) Although these are vegetarian, they are loaded with calories, carbs and fat.
- Avoid pasta and eat whole grain rice or better yet, quinoa.
- Avoid sugar except in berries and low GI fruit such as pears.
- Also, try to forego the white flour products completely…except Sunday.
My secret to eating a disciplined low calorie vegetarian diet is to give myself a break one day a week. All week, if I crave an unhealthy or junk food, I put it on the list for what I`m going to eat on my day off from my low calorie diet. This allows me to eat like an angel 6 days a week and eat like the devil on 1 day off. This keeps me sane and keeps me trim. Maybe it`ll work for you…
If you want a Free Low Calorie Vegetarian Meal Plan already all planned out for you that will set you off on the right path, all you need to do is sign up here: Easy Veggie Meal Plans